Sihr of Separation, its Types and Symptoms
Allaah ta’ala said in al-Baqarah 2:102:
“And they followed what the devils had recited during the reign of Solomon. It was not Solomon who disbelieved, but the devils disbelieved, teaching people magic and that which was revealed to the two angels at Babylon, Harut and Marut. But the two angels do not teach anyone unless they say, “We are a trial, so do not disbelieve [by practicing magic].” And [yet] they learn from them that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife. But they do not harm anyone through it except by permission of Allaah . And the people learn what harms them and does not benefit them. But the Children of Israel certainly knew that whoever purchased the magic would not have in the Hereafter any share. And wretched is that for which they sold themselves, if they only knew.”
In Saheeh Muslim hadeeth of Jabir -ra- narrated the Prophet peace be upon him said: “Iblis would lay his throne on water and would send out his brigade of demons. The lowest among them in rank is the one who is most notorious in stirring up turmoil. One of the demons would, after a mission, come and say to Iblis, ‘I have done such and such.’ Iblis would reply, ‘You have not done anything.’ Another one would come and say ‘I have not left such and such person until I seperated him from his wife.’ Iblis would come closer to his demon and say ‘How good you are.’
Definition of Sihr of Seperation
It’s a sihr which aims to seperate between two spouses, or stir up hatred between two friends or two partners.
Types of Sihr of Separation
1. Separating a person from his/her mother
2. Separating a person from his/her father
3. Separating a person from his/her brother
4. Separating a person from his/her friend
5. Separating a person from his/her business partner
6. Separating a person from his/her spouse*
* This is the most common and dangerous type.
Symptoms of Sihr of Separation
1. A sudden change in attitude from love to hate.
2. A great deal of suspicion is aroused between the two people concerned.
3. No excuses are accepted by either party, even if one of them is in the wrong.
4. Exaggerating the causes of disputes between two people, even though they maybe trivial.
5. Changing the mental image that a woman may have of her husband, or changing the mental image that a man may have of his wife; so that the man would see his wife in an ugly way even though she is beautiful. In reality, it is the demon who is entrusted with the task of performing this type of sihr is the one who would appear to the husband in her person, but in an ugly way. By the same token, the woman would see her husband in a unattractive way.
6. The person affected by sihr hates anything the other person does.
7. The person affected by sihr hates the place in which the other party stays. For example, a husband may be in good mood when he is outdoors, but when he returns home, he feels depressed.
8. Two spouses appear ugly or ill-mannered in each others eyes.